Today we have vegetable cutlets with traditional Indian seasoning-chutney tomato.The sauce resembles ketchup,but it’s much tastier and has a convincing sharply sweet-spicy taste. Spicy chutney complements mild dish,and its bright color makes this condiment a table decoration.
- 1 carrot
- 2 potatoes
- 0.5 cabbage
- 0.5 glass of flour
For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 1 glass of tomato paste
- 3 tbsp of vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1.5 glass of water
- 2 pods of fresh chili pepper,finely chopped
- Spices(1/2 tsp-mustard, cloves, asafoetida,turmeric, grated ginger, black pepper)
- Take the potatoes, carrots,cabbage and make vegetable mince.Vegetables can be grated,but I put them in a blender-fast and funny.Mix everything in a large saucepan and add the salt. 5 minutes later add the flour. During this time, under the influence of the salt we get the desired vegetable juice. It is mixed with flour and form a paste, which will hold the shape of our cutlets, so they do not fall apart and have desired shape. When I was experimenting with the ingredients of this dish, it became clear that a cabbage gives a delicate flavor and pleasant texture.Therefore,if you change something(for example,add the zucchini,pumpkin or eggplant),make sure you add the cabbage,which will make your cutlets soft and airy.
- Warm oil in a frying pan and spread cutlets. Do not cover the pan with a lid,otherwise they will fall apart.Fry over high heat on both sides as in the pictures.
- At one time we cook chutney.In order to extract and enhance the aroma of spices they should be fried.First of all,collect all the necessary spices next to the stove,as it will be necessary to act quickly and accurately.Prepare everything-crush the cloves in a mortar and grate fresh ginger. If there is no fresh ginger,it is possible to replace it with powder.In a saucepan heat the oil and in turn put spices. First, we put mustard seeds,they will shoot and scatter all over the kitchen,so the pan lid must be closed.After that we put ground cloves and grated ginger. Fry slightly for 15 seconds. Next put the black pepper,turmeric and asafoetida.Following put hot pepper and tomato paste,salt, sugar and add water.Stir,bring to a boiling.Boil over low heat for 10 minutes,stirring occasionally. The sauce is ready!